Dates: March 6, 13, 20, & 27
Each day starts at 9:00am & ends at 6:00pm.
There will be an hour lunch break from 1-2 pm.
ZCenter seeks to be an active presence in the community to speak up in support of and in partnership with all survivors of sexual violence. ZCenter provides services to the community at large and to other professionals and service providers to enhance the understanding of the impact of sexual violence on everyone. Our services include 24/7 crisis intervention offered through a Helpline, Medical Advocacy and Legal Advocacy; Prevention and Community Education, Professional Development and Counseling services. Our services are offered at no costs for persons impacted by sexual assault/abuse throughout Lake and North Cook County.
1. Advocacy Volunteer – Provide medical advocacy at local ERs, respond to hotline calls, provide legal advocacy through court or education or support services.
2. Prevention and Outreach – Provide sexual violence awareness, prevention-education and capacity building for youth, parents, educators, practitioners and community sectors. Services provided in schools, resource fairs, human services organizations, civic organizations and business.
3. Development – Assist with special events, marketing, grant research and writing, social media.
4. Administrative – General office help, special projects, Sexual Assault Awareness Month activities.
5. Volunteer Therapist: seeing and providing counseling services to survivors of sexual abuse or significant others.
6. Board of Directors Membership: agency governance, involves monthly meetings and
committee work. Contact Executive Director directly if interested.