We couldn’t succeed or provide the support that we do without the dedication of our staff, volunteers and interns. We’ll provide all the training and education you need. And you’ll experience the emotional satisfaction that comes from knowing you’ve truly made a difference.
Volunteers are invaluable in the services & support ZCenter provides. We welcome passionate, dedicated individuals looking to be an ally for survivors. We’ll provide all the training, education, and support you need and you’ll experience the honor of supporting survivors.
For more information and to get involved with a program that's a good fit for you, please contact Natalie Juarez at njuarez@ZCenter.org or call (847) 244-1187 ext.159. Some of the work ZCenter volunteers are involved with are:
- Providing support on our 24-hour support line: (847) 872-7799
- Offering medical & legal advocacy to survivors and their families
- Providing prevention education & awareness to students and the community
- Joining a fundraising committee to ensure clients continue to receive free counseling & advocacy services
- Offering administrative assistance
APPLY TO VOLUNTEER
Bachelor’s Level – We provide a well-rounded experience, allowing students to participate in a variety of aspects within our agency. Available summer, fall and spring. Completion of the 40-hour training will be necessary prior to your internship. To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Natalie Juarez at njuarez@ZCenter.org or call (847) 244-1187 ext. 159.
Master’s Level – Completed from August to June of each year, applications for Master’s level students are accepted beginning in January until all internship positions are filled. MA intern applications will be accepted through mid-May. Flexibility to work at both the Skokie and Gurnee location is requested. If you are interested in applying, please email a cover letter, resume, current school transcript and three letters of recommendation to Wendy Ivy at wivy@ZCenter.org or mail your application materials to the Gurnee location. You may contact Wendy via telephone with additional questions at (847) 244-1187 ext. 124.
- Counseling Supervisor (Gurnee)
- Child & Adolescent Counselor (Gurnee)
- Bilingual Intake Coordinator (Skokie)
- Community Services Supervisor (Gurnee)
- Volunteer & Outreach Specialist (Gurnee)
- Prevention & Outreach Specialist (Gurnee)