PATHH: Preventing Abuse Through Holistic Health
What is PATHH?
- PATHH is a 15-week comprehensive sexuality education class for middle school students.
- PATHH includes a parent group where parents can ask questions about the curriculum, questions your child has, or general parenting discussion topics with a licensed therapist.
Why sign up for PATHH?
- We know that comprehensive sexuality education is one of the greatest tools we have for preventing sexual abuse, sexual harassment, and grooming.
- Most students receive some form of sex education in schools. PATHH expands on the topics of healthy relationships, consent, abuse prevention, identity, sexuality, and anatomy. With 15 one-hour classes, students are able to ask questions anonymously, learn from qualified professionals, and learn more in-depth content in each area.
- Students meet peers from other schools and districts who sign up for PATHH, forming bonds that help build resilience during the middle school years.
Who teaches PATHH?
- Our sex educators all have a background in human sexuality coursework and expertise.
- Staff educators contribute other expertise in the areas of psychology, social work, gender studies, and education.
- As part of the ZCenter staff, each educator has completed the Illinois state required 40-hour training on Sexual Assault Crisis Intervention.
- All of our PATHH teachers are mandated reporters.
- As part of our client-centered and trauma-informed services, we have two adults in the room with students at all times.
What is the parent group component of PATHH?
- While students are in class, parents are invited and encouraged to attend the parent group that meets at the same time.
- A licensed therapist from ZCenter staff and one of the PATHH class teachers will join the parent group each week.
- Parents can ask questions about the curriculum, address personal concerns, and discuss parenting topics.
How do we sign up?
- Check to see which location works the best for your family. We will host a summer class at our Gurnee location and a fall class at our Skokie location. Specific dates and times will be posted here and on social media.
- To register, please click here to pay the $50 fee. We also offer a sliding fee scale; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss sliding scale options.
Questions about PATHH? Please reach out to:
Kristin Jones, PhD, EdM