Join us for Zacharias Sexual Abuse Center’s 18th Annual Luncheon – BE IN ACTION
Friday, June 12, 2020 | Independence Grove Visitor’s Center – 16400 West Buckley Road, Libertyville, IL | 1:30am – 1:00pm | Registration, Silent Auction & Program
– Invitations will be going out in May! Please email Anna Lehner, Development Manager, for sponsorship opportunities at email@example.com. We are excited to see you there!
ZCenter seeks to be an active presence in the community to speak up in support of and in partnership with all survivors of sexual violence. ZCenter provides services to the community at large and to other professionals and service providers to enhance the understanding of the impact of sexual violence on everyone. Our services include 24/7 crisis intervention offered through a Helpline, Medical Advocacy and Legal Advocacy; Prevention and Community Education, Professional Development and Counseling services. Our services are offered at no costs for persons impacted by sexual assault/abuse throughout Lake and¬ North Cook County.
1. Advocacy Volunteer – Provide medical advocacy at local ERs, respond to hotline calls, provide legal advocacy through court or education or support services.
2. Prevention and Outreach – Provide sexual violence awareness, prevention-education and capacity building for youth, parents, educators, practitioners and community sectors. Services provided in schools, resource fairs, human services organizations, civic organizations and business.
3. Development – Assist with special events, marketing, grant research and writing, social media.
4. Administrative – General office help, special projects, Sexual Assault Awareness Month activities.
5. Volunteer Therapist: seeing and providing counseling services to survivors of sexual abuse or significant others.
6. Board of Directors Membership: agency governance, involves monthly meetings and
committee work. Contact Executive Director directly if interested.
Miss Lake County Area 2019 invites you to: LET’S PAINT!
February 8th, 2020 | 1:30-3:30 pm | Zion Methodist Church, 2935 Sheridan Rd.. Zion, IL
We will be painting canvases and putting together self care packages for survivors of sexual abuse
PLEASE BRING DONATIONS:
– COLORING BOOKS
– SMALL JOURNALS
– CRAYONS/COLORED PENCILS/PENS
– TACTILE/FIDGET ITEMS
– SCENTED LIP BALMS/LOTIONS
– NAIL POLISH
– FACE MASKS THERE WILL ALSO BE RAFFLES AND FOOD!
Monday, January 27th, 2020, 9am-1pm
Zacharias Center, 4275 Old Grand Ave. Gurnee
Join Lovelight Practitioners in this very special training offered by Zacharias Sexual Abuse Center. Learn ways to understand and help your clients/patients who have been through sexual assault & abuse. This training was created as a partnership between Lovelight Health Center and Zacharias Center to support Holistic Healthcare Practitioners’ capacity to support survivors of sexual trauma.
TO REGISTER: Respond to facebook event, or contact ZCenter @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/859702084488436/
Resources will be available electronically for participants. Refreshments are provided.
FEE: $40 donation made directly to Zacharias Center ON THE DAY AT THE EVENT. Questions – please email Valerie Walker, Director of Services at Zacharias Center, email@example.com. Space is limited; please RSVP early.
This Professional Development event is a program within ZCenter’s ‘Zacharias Education Network’, which provides professional training to practitioners, educators, therapists and first responders.
Outline of Topics Overview of Sexual Violence
Impacts of Surviving Sexual Abuse
- The Mental Health Continuum & the Brain
- Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Determinants of Well-Being
Trauma Informed Practice
- Healing Factors
- Creating Safe Spaces & Relationships
- Crisis Response
- Accessing Resources & Services
- Secondary Trauma
- Moving from Self Care to Community Care
Lake County residents are invited to come together in a public statement against global abuse and oppression of women.
February 11, 2020
6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Round Lake Beach Civic Center
– This event is FREE and open to the public.